It’s always fun to see the creativity of the Q. When The Mountain wrote that he was stopping by his in laws turkey farm to pick up some supplies, the word epic came to mind!
It was also awesome to have my Dad join. Yellow Submarine at 71 deserves much respect. I appreciate his example and the joy he finds in the fellowship.
Finally – great to continue to see the FNG’s turning out. Two great guys joined today, Chips and Vodou. Welcome!
The Mountain took us through the warmup:
– Arm Circle
– Abe Vigoda’s X 10
– Weedpickers X 10
Part 1: The Mountains Farm Toys
– Toys included: Tires, Chains, Ammo boxes, steel tubes, truck wheels, Oil drum and sledge hammer
– Broke into groups. 1 would do reps at the “toys” while others ran around the light posts. Rotate through the exercise stations
Part 2: 4 corners relay race
– Mosey’d to the grass field where there were football field markings
– Set up cones in a square. One square 25 yards apart, and 1 square 50 yrds apart
– Split group (as each pax chose) into cheetas (fastest) and greyhounds (25yrd square)
– Cheetas ran the 50yrd square, and greyhounds ran the 25yrd square
– All did certain exercises at each corner (10 burpees, 20 jump squats, 30 shoulder press, 40 bicycle crunches)
– Then we reversed and went back around
Part 3: Cross country 400m track
– Mosey’d to the 400m XC track on the south end of the field
– Split up on bleachers
– 30 dips, 20 decline merkins, and were about to do 25 step ups when the yellow jackets attacked! Change of plans…
– Broke pax into 2 groups and each group went to opposite ends of the track
– Frog jumps to center of track, and bear crawls to center of track
– Mosy’d back to parking lot for 6MOM
– The mountain led us through american hammers, LBC’s, and Lolita’s (a Mountain favorite!)
Circle of Trust
– Got to meet our 2 FNG’s. Welcome to the pax Chips and Vodue
– Prayers for Woody’s continued recovery, for the upcoming school year, and thankfulness for Yellow Submarine joining us from out of town
Naked Man Moleskin
Took care of some yellow jackets a few days later!