The letter H
BeatDown Date: 01/04/2022
Number of Pax: 9
Nomad, Goose, Silver Bullet, Express, Startup, Fish & Chips, Backdraft, Drumstick
Number of FNGS: 0
FNG Names: N/A
Continuing the journey through the exicon, today we land on the letter H. I didn’t find as many exciting exercises within the letter H, but there were enough to keep us moving for 45 minutes. A few will make the favorites list like; Hairy Rockettes, Howling Monkeys, Hundreds, and Heals to Heaven.
Mosied to our open grass area and circled up:
– Arm circles (OYO)
– Arm stretches (shoulders & tri’s OYO)
– Weedpickers (IC)
– Hairy Rockettes (IC)
– Happy Jacks (5 side straddle hops followed by 2 jump squats). I modified and did 10 SSH’s with 2 jump squats, then 9 and 2, 8 and 2, 7 and so on until 1 and 2. Kinda motivator style.
Part 1: Mosied to the Ice Skating Rink
– Partner up for Hail Mary (one partner in low plank, other partner places hands on low wall and feet on back of other partner and does 30 dips. Then flapjack)
– Circled up for Howling monkeys. All pax hold monkey humper squat. One at a time around the circle, each pax does 5 monkey humpers. We went around twice. There was definitely some howling (both real and manufactured :-))
Part 2: Mosied to the square:
– Hindenburg BLIMP (I will admit that I didn’t follow the BLIMP order from an exercise standpoint. We started with 10 Hrpees (hand release burpees) performed at each corner of the square (so 10X4). Then 20 merkins at the 4 corners, then 30 lunges the easy way at the 4 corners. We actually cut this one short for time and did this at 2 corners, then 2 corners of 40 Rocky Balboas, and 2 corners of 50 plank jacks
Part 3: Mosied back to the flag for 6 minutes of mary
– Hundreds: Feet at 15 degrees off ground, back at 45 degrees (on your 6). Arms strait out and parallel to ground. Move hands up and down 100 times (my count)
– Hatching Butterfly: Legs in butterfly position, then lift hands over head, lean back to ground where hands touch ground then back up to 90 degreed (basically a PT test style big boy sit up)
– Heals to Heaven: Laying on back, legs at 90 degrees, drop them slowly towards ground while Q calls out 10 count. At 10, legs should be 6″ off ground, then shoot legs back up to 90 and bring butt off ground. Then repeat for a total of 10 times.
– Finished in low plank
Circle of Trust
– Q sign up sheet – lets fill it up!
– Thursday dinners for Dutch Oven – lets fill it up!
– Checking on moving help date for Dutch Oven. TBD..
– Dutch Oven
– Collin Matthews
– El Chapo’s Dad
– Caspers Family
– Yazoo’s Family
Naked Man Moleskin
Enjoyed the opportunity to lead at 5&10 this morning and spend time with the Bentonville crew as well as meet a few pax who I haven’t met yet. Thankful to have Drumstick join us from GA this morning. Was also fun to have Goose join me on a Tuesday morning. Have a great day men!