Just felt like a good time to hold a Q school, and I felt like I could use a refresher as well. Q school is a good resource for all Pax to learn from. Getting back to the basics of what an F3 workout should consist of and to be reminded of some of the why behind all of it is beneficial to even veteran Qs, YHC included.
Before we started we covered (the 1-minute warning, welcome to the gloom, start on time / end on time, calling for new guys, disclaimer)
Summary version of the disclaimer: F3 is a free, volunteer, peer-led workout. I am not a professional. You also have no knowledge of any injuries or fitness considerations. It is each person’s responsibility to be safe and to modify exercises if you need to. We all do it, most important thing is that you don’t get hurt.
Mosey’d to warmup spot:
Explained proper form, counting in cadence, command voice, and calling an exercise: The next exercise is ____ (all return), Ready Position – Move, In cadence / on my count/ OYO, Exercise!
Stoner led warmup:
– Arm Circles
– SSH X 25
– Leg warmup
– Inch Worm X 7
Mosey’d to the hill by the ticket window
Cover: Structure of a beatdown, Creativity, F3 exicon and Backblasts, if you can’t do it don’t Q it)
– Ballerina’s x 20 (stand on toes, slowly squat as low as you can, back to stand on toes. On my count)
– Merkin Mountain X 2 (decline, incline) OYO
– Scissor Kicks X 25 each leg
Burpees X 10 OYO
Mosey’d to next truck for coupons
Cover: (observing the Pax – alternatives for varying fitness levels, leave no man behind / pick up the six)
PAX choice (The pain game – choose a door):
– Door 1: DORA 1-2-3 (100 Lat raises, 200 curls, 300 bent over rows)
– Door 2: Quarter Pounder (25 Merkins, 25 yards, 50 curls, 50 yards, 75 Lunges, 75yards, 100 shoulder press, 100 yards)
– Door 3 (Chosen): DirtyMacDeuce (Curls, Shoulder press, lunge) 2 reps of 12 – 4 rep counts (cadence) with a run around light poles between each set
Mosey back to truck/parking lot
Cover: Keeping track of time, leaning on AOQ for help, lexicon (mumblechatter, beatdown, SYITG, Pax, six, mosey, aye, fart sack, clown car, etc)
Sweatin’ to the oldies
– Dancing in the street: Choppy Feet to Merkins on dancing in the street
– Wipe Out: SSH when no guitar, alternating lunges with arms out when guitar playing
Mosey to cars for 6 MOM
Dealer’s Choice pop quiz
Pax will call an ab exercise and practice calling the exercise and counting cadence.
LBC x 25
American hammer x 25 total
Suzanne Summers X 30 each side
Circle of Trust
Cover: count-o-rama, name-o-rama, Announcements: (The 3 F’s, mission statement, core principles, backblasts, rucking), prayer requests, & BOM
To plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Core Principles of F3
There are only five principles to making sure it is an F3 workout. The workouts have to:
– Be free of charge
– Be open to all men
– Be held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
– Be led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
– End with a Circle of Trust
– Ruck club to start Monday 8/31, 7pm at Dave Peel Park
– Wonka’s niece and family for Covid healing
– The Mountains friend who passed away from a heart attack way too soon
– Switch heart rate test
– Thankful for school starting and prayers for health and safety
– SO much joy was found in “welcoming back” Casper. Our FNG from last year whom we lost mid beatdown. The story has been legendary, and it was so good to have him back!
Naked Man Moleskin
Putting together Q school was a great opportunity for me. Lots of great reminders and learning’s that will only make us stronger and bring out more leadership among the pax. Really looking forward to seeing some of the newer pax find comfort in Q’ing and raise their hands. It’s fun and a little addictive if you ask me.