Decided to throw out an idea of having Pax bring their kids for a Christmas Eve special beatdown. We updated the start time to 0730 at Ruckers Paradise, and extended the beatdown to an hour. Full of Christmas spirit, my boys, brother in-law (Maximus) and I sat down one evening and put our thinkers to work, testing our Creativity. We landed on an Elf the Movie theme to include hot chocolate, donuts, and coffee afterwards.
Had the boys help create signs for Buddy’s journey from the North Pole to NYC, supplies were purchased, and the beatdown was written.
We circled up in the parking lot (45 people!!)
– Snowball fights IC (thinking arm circle snowball throwing motion)
– Toy Soldiers IC
– Saint Nick’s (actually just an Abe Vigoda)
– Mail Rooms (a 4 part warmup based off of the mail room dance scene)
Mosied across the bridge to grass for Part 1 (Elves happy in the North Pole)
– “I want a hippopotomus for Christmas”: Hold plank and pushup on hippopotomus
– Elf Jacks IC
Begin mosie around lake to first stop (The seven levels of the candy cane forest)
– Sevens on the hill (6 burpees at bottom & run up hill to 1 squat jump then back down and repeat until 1 burpee, 6 squat jumps)
Mosie to next stop (The sea of swirly twirly gumdrops)
– Morocan night club IC (we did 75 to properly gummy the arms)
Mosie to last stop (The Lincoln Tunnel)
– “The tunnel of love” – All Dads in downward dog position in line as kids bearcrawl under them through the tunnel. Then switch!
We then mosied to the pavilion area for the last Part (The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear!)
– “rudolph the red nosed reindeer” – Rudolph = Burpee, Reindeer = PU, Santa = Squat, Christmas = Calf Raise
– Final exercise was “Santa Clause is Coming to Town”: Do a Big Boy Situp every time you hear reference of Santa Clause (I.e. – Santa Clause, Santa, He, Him)
Circle of Trust
– We got a group picture by the flags
– We prayed as a group and had the opportunity to wish each other a Merry Christmas!
– Enjoyed sharing hot chocolate and donuts with the kiddos and coffee with the pax
Naked Man Moleskin
Had a blast getting creative and putting this beatdown together. I think everyone had a great time including all of the kids, and our weather was perfect! Fun bringing the kids out for a workout and mixing in a ridiculous amount of sugar to start Christmas Eve! Hoping this becomes an annual event. Appreciate the pax being open to this idea, and glad we were still able to mix in ruck sacks and sandbags for the beatdown.