We chose to kick the Memorial Day weekend off right with a reminder of why we have the holiday. We honored all who have given their life in service to our country.
– Neck rolls
– Arm Rolls
– Weedpickers (10)
– Abe Vegoda’s (10)
– All in plank/air chair and hold while I read a summary of the story of the 4 Navy Seals, including Lt. Michael Murphy. Three of the 4 died in an intense battle with the Taliban in the Hindu Kush region of Afganistan, including Lt. Murphy. Their story of sacrifice and courage were the encouragement and reminder needed as we moved on to complete a Murph in honor of all who have fallen fighting for their country.
– Mosied to the RHS football ticket area
– Split PAX in 3 groups
– Group 1 started with 33 pullups onn ticket lane bars
– Group 2 does 66 pushups
– Group 3 does 99 squats
– Then all groups run back to first row in parking lot, or to the tennis court entrance and back
– Groups rotate to next station and complete that exercise, then run again
– All groups rotate through each exercise with a run between each time. On one set, each group needs to complete +1 rep so that the total is 100 pullups, 200 merkins, 300 squats.
– Run back to the cars and this completes the 2 miles
– We did not have time for 6MOM.
Circle of Trust
Talked about family members who served and have since past. Gave thanks for their selflessness, courage, and service. We also lifted each other up with a lot of congratulations for getting through the Murph, and were overall just really in a thankful mindset for having the opportunity.
Naked Man Moleskin
This was a really fun beatdown to lead. I really enjoyed preparing for it and learning more about the story of Lt. Murphy and his comrades. Cannot imagine being in their situation and the situations that so many others have been in during countless battles where they are selflessly putting themselves in harms way for the protection of our great Country and for protection of their brothers fighting alongside. So thankful for their service and humbled by their sacrifice.